Nathan Paul

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Mickey Button!!!

They changed Nathan's g-tube from the bard button to the Mickey today. He has had a lot of problems with irritation around the g-tube site. The GI doctor who first put the bard in saw him today and made the change. The Mickey button is supposed to be a lot easier and shouldn't give him the skin irritations. I hope so. I hope one day we can lose the tube all together...that will be a long time coming. Nathan is still making me worry sick about his heart rate. It dropped off and on all day, getting as low as 59. Then his heart rhythm changed. The nurses showed the docs but I didn't really get any response. They are saying it should work itself out. I'm not sure what to think. It's hard to get any info out of the docs. I plan to talk to their nurse tomorrow and I will also be calling Nate's cardiologist from BTR to see what his opinion is. I trust Dr. Caspi and Pettitt but when they don't talk to you about anything it makes me worry more! I just want to know what is going on!! Hopefully I will get some answers tomorrow!

3 Comments:

Blogger Brandy Schaaf said...

It was so nice to see you and Nathan yesterday! He is soooo cute!
Tell the nurse to write a note in the orders that you want to talk to them.
We had a message on the macvhine when we got home and surgery is et for July 28 which is next friday. See you then. Give me a call when you want to.

8:12 AM  
Blogger Brandy Schaaf said...

Oh and YAY for the mickey. It is so much easier than the other one.

8:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounda like Nathan is doing all he can to climib his mountain. Our prayer are constantly with you all, you have no idea how many times he comes into our minds each day. He is so sweet. Keep the faith that God has him in his care, no matter what Nathan is faced with. I know you wish you could carry his pain, so do I, but we can simply ask God to do the carrying HE CAN. All our Love and Prayers, your Friends in TN, dana

5:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home