Nathan Paul

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Packed & Ready....


We will leave in the morning for Children's Hospital. I have everything packed and ready, all I need now is some sleep! We went to the cardiologist on Monday and in his opinion Nathan is cleared for surgery. He weighed only 9 pounds 7 ounces, which means he only gained 4 ounces four weeks. This only once again confirmed the need for surgery. His pain still seems to get worse by the day and now he is having some minor breathing issues at night. On one hand I am so relieved to be going tomorrow, the other holds nothing but fear of what may come in the days ahead. He will be admitted into the hospital at noon tomorrow and unless they find reason otherwise, he will have surgery at 8:00am on Friday. PLEASE keep him in your prayers. I also ask that you say a prayer for Nathan's big brother, Austin. He has been such a trooper through all of this, even though he is VERY worried about his little brother. He left tonight to stay with my parents so we can get things together and I don't know how long it will be until we are all in the same place again. I think this is one of the hardest parts for me...to have both of my boys so far apart. Thanks to everyone who is taking turns and helping with Austin. He needs prayer and support now also. I will have my laptop with me and will post updates as often as I can. Thanks to everyone and please keep "the boys" in your prayers.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe the head of hair on that boy! I will certainly keep both Nathan and Austin in my prayers as well as you and Sal. I'll be thinking of you all the time. God Bless you all.

Kathy Springer

5:15 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Deb called me yesterday and we have a new date of July 28th. So I am sure we will see you then. I will be praying for Nathan to have a quick and successful surgery.

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home