Nathan Paul

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Waiting for surgery

There is not a whole lot to report right now. We are pretty much playing the waiting game. I spoke with Deb in Dr. Caspi's office yesterday. They have decided not to do anything about the kidney stones or the gall stones until after the heart surgery. The doctors feel that any thing they attempt to do would just cause Nathan more pain. His heart surgery is still scheduled for July 14th and we can't do much until then. His pain is starting to intensify but we have been told there isn't anything we can do about it other than give tyelnol. That is the hardest part of all of this. Knowing he is in so much pain and not being able to do anything at all. I just wish I could be the one who has to go through it instead of him. All these issues just seem to keep adding up and I am so scared that his small fragile body can't take much more. In a way I want the surgery date to hurry up and get here so we can begin to fix some of these issues but on the other hand I don't know how I'm supposed to handle any of it. I know going in this time excatly what the risks are, excatly what we will see and excatly how small he still is. He is such a fighter, he has proven that, but how many more problems can his body truly fight being so tiny. These are adult issues that his little body is not strong enough to handle. I just keep praying for a miracle because that is what it will take to pull him through this.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Julie I hope things go well and I will be here for all of you.
Love Tammy (childrens)

9:44 PM  
Blogger Brandy Schaaf said...

Well we will be there too. I got a call and Drew's heart cath is scheduled for July 11. So I am assuming her surgery will be a few days after that.
Hey at least that is one good thing, we will be able to keep each other company while the guys work. :) I will call you later.

12:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Julie,

All of you are always on my mind and in my prayers. If there's anything at all I can do to help please let me know.

You have many friends who care deeply about all of you. All of us love you very much.

Love,

Kathy Springer

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home