Nathan Paul

Saturday, July 22, 2006

In a Room!!

Nathan has been moved out of the PICU into a room on the sixth floor this morning. Now we are once again able to stay with him all the time. I believe they are going to keep him here for a few more days to monitor him. If they come in tomorrow and say we can go home I am just going to refuse! They MUST check into the other issues before we leave. I just want a plan. His heart rate has been a little better today. One of the nurses said they started a different medicine to increase the heart rate and he may go home on this. We really don't know much info right now, just doing what we normally do...sit and wait on the docs! Being that it is the weekend we may not see them until tomorrow evening or Monday morning. I will get to see Austin tomorrow for the first time since we left!! At least now he can see Nathan since he's in his own little room! I can't wait to see him. It is hard being away from him so much.

One thing I haven't mentioned to anyone yet is Nate's scar. I was a little taken back when I first saw how big it was. it probaly just looks so large because he is so small! Poor baby...he looks like a war veteran! He has the long scar from right under his neck about down to the bottom of his ribcage. Then he has two small scars on the side of that from where the chest tubes were. His groin area has a few puncture scars from the A line and central line! He is quite a sight. I'm just glad he is doing so well through all of this! One day he will be a teenager showing off all of his "battle scars" and will probaly be proud of them!

I am sorry I haven't been able to post any pics. This computer won't allow me to for some reason. I have taken a bunch of pics and as soon as we are home I will post them.

Thanks to everyone for your continued prayers. I will update when I have more information.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home